Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Diapers & DIY

What in the world have I been doing since the last post?

For starters, this:




This little guy (J) joined us on June 29 at about 2:30 in the afternoon. He was 15 days early. :)

He is so cute and tiny. We love him and he fits right in. He's one of the 6 greatest DIY projects we've completed to date. :)

I feel terrific. Honestly, never better. I started the ViSalus 90 Day Challenge 3 days after J was born in an effort to immediately jump on the healthy and nutritious train. I drink a shake that is packed with nutrition for breakfast and lunch, I eat snacks in between each meal and a regular dinner. I lost 10 lbs my first week, 2 lbs then next week and I was feeling puh-retty fantastic. ;)

And then week 3 rolled around, I ate some good old fashioned barbecue food and weigh in day didn't go so swimmingly. I gained 1 lb. BUT I'd lost 2 inches...so I trucked on still feeling pretty good over all.

It's now been 10 weeks and I have lost 15 lbs, and many, many inches.

So many times I've thought, "I should blog about that." But then something else happened and I got sidetracked.

I have had a few irons in the fire lately and I am trying to be better at balancing.

I am the Director of the preschool Sunday school classes at our church. We have a large church with a great kids ministry, but I feel like I'm being fed with a fire hose as far as learning everything.

I am now Promoting the ViSalus 90 Day Challenge that I talked about above. It is GREAT. I am making money and feeling awesome, so I can't complain about that. I am down 4 sizes since I started. (Interested? Email me at mandypmommyof4@yahoo.com)

AND...we have been cracking on the DIY home front also. Do you remember our living room?





You may remember me saying I couldn't wait to add a fireplace back in where that white credenza currently sits?

Well...Voila!



I am SO excited to decorate it for Christmas! I LOVE it! Instead of opening up the wall again, we chose to put a faux copper tin where the opening would normally be. It was super easy. We bought a roll of textured wall paper at Lowe's (about $19) and applied that to the wall. Then we used Rustoleum's Hammered tin spray paint in a copper color (about $8 a can) and spray painted the wallpaper. It took 2 cans.

AWESOMENESS! It was really easy. (Well, the mounting was easy for me because Joe, his dad and my brother-in-law Rick did that part. That mantel and surround were HEAVY. I know, Joe asked me to hold it one night while he farted around with seeing how the mantel connects to the surround. That was almost the last thing my husband ever said as the mantel fell off and crashed to the floor...almost on his head.) MUCH easier than it would have been to tile that wall! And cheaper!

Here's the pic Joe sent me when he looked at it in some guy's basement (story later.)



I thought, "Meh. It'll probably be okay although it doesn't look substantial enough."

Well color me pleasantly surprised when Joe brought it home and I saw it stands about 4 feet tall and about 4 feet wide! Solid Oak!

Here is a shot of the men working it out:


Sorry for the crappy picture.

We have some things still to do. Like paint the boys' room. Add another set of bunk beds in there and also freshen up the living room paint and baseboards. Stuff I can't wait to do, but can't seem to find time to...

For now, just a quick note to let you all know I'm still alive.

I'll be back again. For now, I'm going to go snuggle the baby in front of our fireplace. ;)


Real Time Web Analytics